This is two-day’s work.
Day one: Â I think I have the first chapter roughed out, here are my revisions after the mock-up.
So now I circle back to the first page, the “establishing shot.” Â Since I first drew a rough version, I seem to have changed the dimensions that I’ll be working in… horizontal rectangle now, instead of a square. Â I did a few sketches, getting all hung up on the perspective:
(those numbers are me trying to work out the dimensions of the final… based a little more on the way the mock-up worked. Â I am now thinking 5.5 x 4.5)
Then I tried a “final” version, on this fancy drawing paper I bought. Â Using pencil, conte crayon, brush and ink:
I don’t really get this paper… the texture is too intrusive. Â Maybe it’s just not to be used for this level of detail.
Otherwise, while I like this picture okay, I feel it’s lacking personality. Â A little too “straight” of a drawing for this project. Â I will try another approach tomorrow.